Summer is around the corner and one of the best things you can add to your daily routine for glowing and cellulite free skin is dry brushing. Even more important are the benefits it has on your overall health.
What is dry brushing you ask?
Dry brushing is a natural health practice, which involves brushing your skin with a long-bristled brush while it’s dry. Exactly how it sounds. The brush looks exactly like this, although it can come in many different shapes and sizes.
Why? Here’s five really great reasons.
1) It exfoliates the skin, clears clogged pores, improves its appearance and allows new cells to form more quickly. New cells = glowing youthful skin. Did you know 1/3rd of your body’s toxic waste is excreted through the skin? So help your body out and improve elimination by exfoliating on a regular basis!
2) It increases blood flow, which means improved circulation and elimination of toxins and metabolic waste.
3) It stimulates your lymphatic and immune system, keeping you healthy, energetic and fighting away that seasonal flu or cold.
4) It supports muscle tone by stimulating the nerves that activate muscle fibers.
5) It reduces cellulite. Cellulite is a combination of loose connective tissues and toxins trapped in fat pockets. By stimulating the lymphatic system and increasing blood flow, you can reduce the stored toxins and therefore improve the appearance of cellulite. Mix that with proper nutrition and muscle toning exercise, you have yourself a pretty great recipe for baby bottom skin. It IS possible to reduce cellulite!!!
Here’s how you dry brush your skin:
First off, it’s extremely beneficial to plan your skin brushing right before you shower each morning. The hot shower will stimulate even more blood circulation than just the dry brush alone. Even better would be to alternate your shower hot and cold. You won’t believe how refreshed and invigorated you feel afterwards!
Make sure your skin is dry.
Start at your feet using upward strokes.
Do the same to every other area of the body, always making sure to stroke towards the heart.
Jump in the hot/cold shower or a hot candle lit bath and relaaaax.
Your skin may be a little sensitive to this at first, but you’ll get used to it and begin to crave the invigorating feeling dry brushing leaves.
Important note: This method of exfoliation should not be used on your face, ESPECIALLY if you struggle with a skin condition.
I challenge you to dry brush your skin for 30 days, starting today. You’ll feel energized, healthy and your skin will begin an amazing transformation.